- To travel in transit through Thailand in order to proceed to the country of destination or to re-enter his/her own country (category "TS")
Note: Transit less than 12 hours remaining within the restricted area in the airport does not require transit visa. Transit longer than 12 hours shall require transit visa despite the stay within restricted area.
- To participate in sports activities (sportsmen, sportswomen, etc.) within one month (category "S")
Note: Those who are scheduled to stay in the Kingdom longer than one month, please apply for Non-Immigrant Visa category “O”.
- The person in charge or crew of a conveyance coming to a port, station or area in the Kingdom (category "C")
VALIDITY 3 months for single entry / 3 or 6 months for 2, 3, or 4 entries (not possible to issue multiple entries)
PERIOD OF STAY Not exceeding 30 days
- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
- A copy of passport biodata page
- Visa application form completely filled out (click)
- Two photographs (passport size 3.5x4.5 cm) with a white background taken within the past six months
- Evidence of travel from Thailand (confirmed air ticket paid in full)
- Original bank statement of the applicant or a print out with official stamp of the bank showing a balance of at least 1,000 USD per person or 2,000 USD per family in equivalent during the past six months.
- For Category TS (transit) only
- Visa of a third country in a passport or travel document
- Letter of invitation stating the application's participation in sports activities in the Kingdom
- Hotel booking if staying for a night
- For Category S (sport) only
- Letter of invitation stating the application's participation in sports activities in Thailand
EXTENSION OF STAY
Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their type of visa must file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel 0-2141-9889 (or at http://www.immigration.go.th). The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer.