วันที่นำเข้าข้อมูล 25 พ.ย. 2562
วันที่ปรับปรุงข้อมูล 26 ต.ค. 2565
General Guidelines to Enter Thailand
Before entering to Thailand, all travellers must make sure that they are in possession of;
1. Passport valid for at least 6 months with APPROPRIATE VISA (if needed)
- Click here to see general information about types of visa
- Click here to see information on "How to apply for a Thai visa"
- Click here to see list of Countries and Territories entitled for Visa Exemption and Visa on Arrival to Thailand...Ethiopian passport holders can apply for Visa on Arrival (VoA) at the arriving airports in Thailand and allowed to stay up to 15 days for touism purpose (between 1 Oct 2022 - 31 Mar 2023, the alllowed period has been extended to 30 days)
2. Starting from 1 July 2022, registration on Thailand Pass and insurance are no longer required. (click here)
3. Proof of round-trip air ticket, accommodation, adequate finances (see 3.1), and health certificate (see 3.2)
3.1 Adequate Finances
According to the Thai Immigration Act, foreigners who fall into any of the 11 categories prohibited to enter Thailand (click), which Include "having no appropriate means of living on entering the Kingdom", will be denied their entry into Thailand.
3.1.1 holders of tourist visa, non-immigrant visa must be able to prove that they have adequate finances equivalent to at least 20,000 Baht per person (around 700 USD) or 40,000 Baht per family (around 1,400 USD).
3.1.2 On-arrival-visa tourists and holders of transit visa must be able to prove that they have adequate finances equivalent to at least 10,000 Baht per person (around 350 USD) or 20,000 Baht per family (around 700 USD).
In order to facilitate foreign tourists, Thai Immigration Officers conduct random inspection of foreign tourists' means of living upon arrival at all ports of entry. If the tourists are not able to prove that they have adequate finances, the officers will then consider case-by-case whether to allow the entry. The random inspection will not take place after the tourists have been granted an entry and have passed through the Immigration checkpoints.
3.2 International Health Certificate on Yellow Fever Vaccination
Foreign nationals travelling from/through countries which have been declared as Yellow Fever Infected Areas (click to see List of countries which require International Health Certificate for Yellow Fever Vaccination here) must acquire an International Health Certificate verifying the receiving of a Yellow Fever vaccination. Upon arrival at a port of entry, you are required to present the Certificate at the health control counter located before the Immigration checkpoints.
Visa Application Procedures
- The applicants can choose to apply for Thai visa either directly with the Royal Thai Embassy in Nairobi or through one of the visa processing companies (click).
- Those who wish to submit the applications through currier services, such as DHL, MUST first contact the Visa Section at [email protected].
- Visa takes at least 2 working-days once sucessfully submitted and paid.
Additional requirement for passport holders of countries in the attachment
1. Passport holders of DR Congo and Somalia are requested to apply visa IN PERSON at the Royal Thai Embassy in Nairobi. Please prepare THREE (3) SETS of visa application forms with two recent photographs and other supporting documents for each set.
2. Passport holders of the following nationalities are to apply for Thai visa at the following Royal Thai Embassies ONLY.
2.1 Nigeria, Cameroon, Central Africa, Congo, Ghana, Equatorial Guinea/ Sao Tome and Principe – Royal Thai Embassy in Abuja (click here)
2.2 Guinea, Liberia, Sierra Leone – Royal Thai Embassy in Dakar (click here)
2.3 Sudan – Royal Thai Embassy in Cairo (click here)
3. Passport holders of other countries in the attachment MUST submit
3.1 THREE (3) SETS of visa application forms with two recent photographs and other supporting documents for each set, and
3.2 PROOF of RESIDENCE in one of the countries under the Royal Thai Embasy in Nairobi's jurisdiction (Burundi, Comoros, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda).
4. Some nationalities in the list might need approval from concerned authorities in Thailand before issuign the visa, and the process could take at least 3 weeks. Please contact the Embassy by E-mail at [email protected] on case-by-case basis.