วันที่นำเข้าข้อมูล 8 ก.ย. 2562
วันที่ปรับปรุงข้อมูล 22 มิ.ย. 2565
VALIDITY 3 months for single entry / 6 months for multiple entries
PERIOD OF STAY Not exceeding 60 days for single entry / Not exceeding 60 days for each stay for multiple entries
For All Categories:
Only for Category "TR":
Only for Category "MT":
ONLY for those with special cases approved by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand
For Minor Child:
EXTENSION OF STAY
Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their type of visa must file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel 0-2141-9889 (or at http://www.immigration.go.th). The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer.
Visa on Arrival (VoA)
Ethiopian passport holders can apply for the Visa on Arrival (VoA) at the airports in Thailand to stay in Thailand up to 15 days for the purpose of tourism. (Click to see list of eligible countries for VoA)
Requirements for VoA
(1) VoA application form (click)
(2) Photo (4cm x 6cm) of the applicant pasted on the application form
(3) Confirmed return travel ticket, which is dated within the next 15 days
(4) Proof of accommodation in Thailand
(5) Proof of sufficient financial means for the duration of stay (At least 10,000 Thai Baht per individual or 20,000 Thai Baht per one family)
(6) Fee of 2,000 Thai Baht to be paid in cash and only in the Baht currency
SPECIAL TOURIST VISA - STV (single entry only)
1.1 Applicant must not be a person prohibited from entering the Kingdom as provided by the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979)
1.2 Applicant must have no criminal records in Thailand and the country of the applicant’s nationality or residence.
1.3 Applicant must have the nationality of or permanent residence in the country where application is submitted.
1.4 Applicant must NOT have prohibitive diseases (Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, Elephantiasis, third phase of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 B.E. 2535.
1.5 Applicant must have a Thai health insurance covering the length of stay in Thailand with no less than 40,000 THB coverage for outpatient treatment and no less than 400,000 THB for inpatient treatment. (must be specifically mentioned) Applicant may consider buying a Thai health insurance online at longstay.tgia.org
1.6 Applicant must have a health insurance covering medical expenses in Thailand with a minimum coverage of 100,000 USD for COVID-19 (must be specifically mentioned).
1.7 Applicant is prohibited from engaging in any gainful employment in Thailand.
2. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
2.1 Passport with validity of not less than 12 months
2.2 2 copies of completed visa application forms
2.3 2 passport-sized photos (3.5 x 4.5 cm) of the applicant taken within the past six months
2.4 Confirmed roundtrip flight reservation or ticket
2.5 Certificate of Good Conduct (Certificate of Conduct) issued by the competent authority of the country of his or her nationality or residence stating that the applicant has no criminal record. The certificate shall be valid for not more than three months and must be legalised by his/her diplomatic mission.
2.6 A medical certificate (download form) issued from the country where the application is submitted, showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535). It must be certificate shall be valid for not more than three months and must be legalised by his/her diplomatic mission.
2.7 Health insurance:
- (Thai insurance only) covering the length of stay in Thailand with no less than 40,000 THB coverage for outpatient treatment and no less than 400,000 THB for inpatient treatment (must be specifically mentioned). Applicant may consider buying a Thai health insurance online at longstay.tgia.org.
- covering medical expenses in Thailand with a minimum coverage of 100,000 USD for COVID-19 (must be specifically mentioned)
2.8 Proof of payment (paid in full) for AQ / SHA+ hotel
2.9 Proof of payment (paid in full) for the accommodation in Thailand for the whole period of intended stay (within the initially permitted 90-day stay) OR proof of ownership of a condominium in Thailand
Note: - Consular Officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary.
3. VISA FEE AND VALIDITY (Visa fee may be changed without prior notice.)
4. PERIOD OF STAY
5. EXTENSION OF STAY