วันที่นำเข้าข้อมูล 31 ม.ค. 2565
วันที่ปรับปรุงข้อมูล 26 มิ.ย. 2565
NON-IMMIGRANT VISA (O-A) FOR LONG STAY/RETIREMENT
This type of visa may be issued to applicants aged 50 years and over who wish to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 1 year without the intention of working. Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited.
1. Applicant must be aged 50 years and over (on the day of submitting application).
2. Applicant not prohibited from entering the Kingdom as provided by the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979).
3. Having no criminal record in Thailand and the country of the applicant’s nationality or residence.
4. Having the nationality of or permanent residence in the country where application is submitted.
5. Not having prohibitive diseases (Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, Elephantiasis, third phase of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 B.E. 2535.
6. Employment in Thailand is prohibited.
VALIDITY 1 year for multiple entries
PERIOD OF STAY 1 Not exceeding 1 year
FEE 20,000 Kenyan Shillings
1. Passport with validity of not less than 18 months
2. 3 copies of completed visa application forms
3. 3 passport-sized photos (4 x 6 cm) of the applicant taken within the past six months
4. Accommodation/Hotel booking confirmation
5. One-way or round-trip (if applicable) flight booking confirmation
6. Additional personal data form (See attachment)
7. Bank statement or evidence of adequate finance showing
– a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 Baht; or
– an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht; or
– a deposit account plus a monthly income totaling not less than 800,000 Baht.
– In the case of submitting a bank statement, a letter of guarantee from the bank
(an original copy) is required.
8. Criminal record
– Letter of verification stating that the applicant has no criminal record
– It shall be valid for not more than three months and should be notarised by the applicant’s diplomatic or consular mission.
7. Medical certificate
- Form is in the attachment. It must be issued from the country where the application is submitted, showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535)
- It shall be valid for not more than three months and should be notarised by the applicant’s diplomatic or consular mission before submission.
– Applicant must have a health insurance for the duration of stay, with coverage for covid-19 disease, and with the total sum insured of THB 3,000,000 (100,000 USD) per policy year.
- In case of a foreign insurance company, the applicant must submit the original insurance policy document with 2 copies.
- In case of a Thai insurance company, the applicant must submit 2 copies of the insurance policy document or, if available, the original insurance policy document with 2 copies.
- A list of Thai insurance companies participating in the scheme can be found at http://longstay.tgia.org
- Foreign Insurance Certificate (See attachment) must be completed, signed and stamped by the insurance company.
Recommendations for foreigners with Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A” (Long Stay/Retirement) while staying in Thailand
1. Upon arrival, holder of this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for 1 year from the date of first entry.
2. At the end of the 90-day stay, the foreigner must report to the immigration officer in his or her residence area and report again every 90 days during his or her stay in Thailand. The foreigner may report to the police station if there is no immigration office in his or her residence area.
3. Foreigner may report to the competent authority by post and should provide the following:
- A report form (Tor Mor 47)
- A copy of passport pages showing the foreigner’s photo, personal details, and the latest arrival visa stamp
- A copy of the previous receipt of acknowledgement
- A self-addressed envelope with postage affixed.
Such documents must be sent to the Immigration Division 1, 120 Moo 3, Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210 and must be submitted 7 days before the end of every 90-day period. A receipt of acknowledgement will be given and should be used for future correspondence.
4 Foreigner who wishes to extend his or her stay shall submit a request for extension of stay at the Office of the Immigration Bureau with documented evidence of money transfer or a deposit account in Thailand or an income certificate showing an amount of not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate plus a deposit account showing a total amount of not less than 800,000 Baht. A one-year extension of stay shall be granted at the discretion of the immigration officer to the foreigner as long as he or she meets the above requirements.